- Getting Started
- Help with Account
- My Account
- Claims Search Results
- Claims Details General
- Claims Details – Part A Inpatient
- Claims Details – Part A Outpatient
- Claims Details – Part A Home Health Care
- Claims Details – Part A Hospice
- Claims Details – Claims Details – Part B Outpatient/DMERC
- Claims Details – My Deductible Status
- Claims Details – Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) Orders
- How to Enter Information
- How to Edit/Delete Information
- On The Go Report
- Preventative Services
- Plans & Coverage
- MSP & MSA
- Security & Privacy
Searching for a Claim
The Claim Search page lets you search in two different ways: by Claim Number OR by Claim Type and Date Range.
To search by Claim Number:
In the “Search Claims By” box, select “Claim Number”. The “Search by Claim Number” box will be displayed. Enter at least the first seven (7) digits of the claim number, and then press Submit.
To search by Claim Type and Date Range:
In the “Search Claims By” box, select “Claim Type and Date Range”. The “Search by Claim Type and Date Range” box will be displayed. Search for a particular date of service by selecting a checkbox for a pre-defined date range (6, 12, 24 or 36 months) or by filling in specific dates. You can click on the calendar icon next to select your desired date range.
Next, select the type of claim you are searching for:
- Medicare Part A claims such as Hospital Inpatient, Skilled Nursing Facility, Hospital Outpatient, Home Health and Hospice claims;
- Medicare Part B claims including Physician/Supplier Part B (Physician Outpatient, Clinical Laboratory Services, Medicare & Other Services);
- Medicare DMERC (Durable Medical Equipment) claims for equipment such as walkers, wheelchairs, oxygen equipment and hospital beds.
Click the Submit button to get your results.
Claim Search Tips
If you cannot find a claim you are looking for, please note the following:
- Your search may have returned more claims than the system is able to display. Please change your search to a smaller range, in order for the system to display the results.
- If you are enrolled in any plan other than Original Medicare, your claim information may not appear. Please contact your plan administrator.
- Claim information is available only if Medicare has received and processed your claim. If you do not see your claim, please check back at a later time. It usually takes 4 – 6 weeks to process a claim.
- Claim information is available only if Medicare has processed it within the last 36 months. For claim information beyond 36 months, please contact 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
- Make sure you are searching on the starting date of service for a claim. If a claim spanned two months (i.e. a hospital stay from 2/28/08-3/3/08), include February 28th of 2008 in your date range.
Please note you cannot contact 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to inquire about a claim unless you are the direct beneficiary or an Authorized Representative of a beneficiary.