- Getting Started
- Help with Account
- My Account
- Claims Search Results
- Claims Details General
- Claims Details – Part A Inpatient
- Claims Details – Part A Outpatient
- Claims Details – Part A Home Health Care
- Claims Details – Part A Hospice
- Claims Details – Claims Details – Part B Outpatient/DMERC
- Claims Details – My Deductible Status
- Claims Details – Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) Orders
- How to Enter Information
- How to Edit/Delete Information
- On The Go Report
- Preventative Services
- Plans & Coverage
- MSP & MSA
- Security & Privacy
Medicare uses the same information that the Social Security Administration (SSA) has on file for you (or the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) if you get RRB benefits) to verify your information and set up your online account. To register online, you’ll:
- Enter your Medicare number (as it appears on your red, white, and blue Medicare card).
- Register with the same address that the SSA or RRB has on file for you. During Registration, we’ll ask you to validate your address. This is an important step to protect your personal information, because Medicare may send you mail at this address that contains important personal account information.
- If your information is incorrect or needs to be updated, including your Medicare number or your address, you’ll need to contact the Social Security Administration or the Railroad Retirement Board to update your address or your Medicare number
- If you’ve recently updated your address, it may take up to 14 days to see this change on MyMedicare.gov.
- Create a username and password that you can remember and use to sign into MyMedicare.gov each time you visit.
- Provide information to reset your username or password if you forget it in the future.
Once you’ve completed your online Registration, you may Sign In to MyMedicare.gov and start using the site.
Medicare will mail you a confirmation letter and send a confirmation email if you gave us your email address during registration.